Thursday, December 22, 2011

From little things...

Seems not that long ago that I was stressing out about my little girl making friends on her first day of primary school and today as the bell rings for the last time, I'll be thinking about how sad it will be for her to say goodbye to all those friends she has made over the last seven years.

Today's last day of school not only marks the beginning of summer holidays for my girl, but the ending of Primary school. A time of transition into so many new things. High school...a whole new bunch of kids and teachers to meet, a whole new routine to greet each day... all whilst growing up from a child to a young adult.

She seems to be handling it all o.k. albeit with a touch of sadness in knowing, that only one other person she knows is going to the same high school as her. But with social media what it is today, mobiles and such it's so much easier to keep in touch with old friends, so we'll do our best to maintain old friendships whilst new ones are formed.

On Monday night the event was marked with graduation.

A night to reflect on old times, appreciate all they have achieved and receive there graduation certificates.

School had put together a touching video, showing footage of the kids as preppies interspersed with the class answering questions asked today about there highlights, challenges and hopes for the future.
So nice to see responses from 'I dunno' and 'I always wanted to be a garbage man' to 'I'll be a lawyer' or 'I want to go to university'

The children are our future ... and sometimes amidst making sure they are fed, clothed and arrive to school on time I sorta forget that they are growing up sooo quickly and forming there own opinions on the way this world works and there place in it. BIG STUFF.
Really big stuff.

So I'm so grateful for days like these, that bring it all home. Celebrate achievements and offer wishes for our kids future. Next year is gunna be huge and my little girl is sooo ready for it.

Me though, I sometimes think she's still such a little thing..

Jay xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... look at how grown up she is in that photo! Such a sweet pic of mum and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh I know just how you are feeling ! Merry Christmas Jay XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: