Friday, April 27, 2012

A little ray of sunshine...

A little ray of sunshine has entered my world in the way of some amazing new art for my bedroom.


This adorable custom piece was made by none other,
 then the lovely Cathy aka Tinniegirl.

It was delivered last week to my messy, disorganized and somewhat chaotic home and I just couldn't bare to put it up amidst the shambles. So it was perched upon a chair and waited so patiently for the perfect time to find a home.

In its waiting place was a big old petition. A Gothic/religious piece, very dark and ominous.
Not at all the sort of look I try to create these days, more a relic of the past.
So I was happy to move it on, which paved the way for my new artwork to bring life back into the room.


 Once the painting was up, I dug out my lanterns that were tucked away, waiting for a place to go. They were a present from kizzy that I got over a year ago and hadn't made time to hang yet. Together, they really change the space. I don't know if a painting can change the size of a room, but I'm sure it is bigger now.
More then anything, I think its about having something so bright and fun and freeing in my room that makes it feel bigger.



Each time I walk in I can't help but smile 
and each time I look at the painting I see something new.

It has such depth, joy and good energy and is such a perfect pick of colors, shapes and words to represent me. How lucky am I to know such a talented artist who was able to take a blank canvas, think what I might like on it and create something so spot on.

Gosh I loves it and how it has transformed my bedroom.
Cathy ... you is amazing xx.

Jay x

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Cathy has done a wonderful job on interpreting for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow I love it!!! Such a beautiful burst of colour. It's amazing what a difference art makes to the feeling and atmosphere in a room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Jay. And yes, it definitely opens the room up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy place to sleep! I love that cushion with all the dots and circles.

    I'm trying to hang stuff on the wall this weekend too. However, I've decided I don't have the right stuff and need to do some screenprinting to create what I want!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: