Saturday, December 31, 2016

2017 ... Here we go.

Well another year has come to pass and what a doozy indeed.

 Image via: thinkpacifica

I have seen many of my childhood idols reach the end of the road, house and home is in a state of upheaval, the shop has been the most challenging balancing act of my life, kids have had a tough year with one almost being beaten by VCE and all it's stresses and the other being told he was unfriended as he hugs too much. (he's 8)

2016 was almost my undoing ... but I've made it, we've made it and what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger hey!



I'm sure all this hardship and these constant challenges were put in place to strengthen our resolve, build character and all that Jazz ... well that's what I'm taking away from it all.

I think for the most part 2016 has given me the message loud and clear, that I need to stop living to please others and that I can no longer sacrifice my health, wealth and happiness just to keep others happy or in a bid to keep the peace.

I need to start living in a way that serves me and my family and whilst that sounds so selfish, I think if we all did that, we'd all be better off, as it has nothing to with greed or nastiness and everything to do with self care, respect and trust.


2017 for me will be all about stripping things back to bare basics.

Eat, sleep, create, work, play, love, rest.

All the important stuff, that keeps me going.

Add to that tall order of eliminating bitchiness, gossip, drama, toxic relationships and all the things that just are not working for me. Who needs all that shit dragging you down, life is hard enough without all the drama.

So farewell 2016, I'm glad to see you come to an end.

I look forward to 2017 bringing about new beginnings, new friendships, a new house, health and happiness and my wish for you all, is that 2017 is a kick ass year full of awesomeness for you and your loved ones.


 Jay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: