Tuesday, July 13, 2010

While the kids are away.....

Mum will play.

With the end of school holidays comes the beginning of new adventures on the home front. It's time once more to spend my 5 hours wisely between drop off and pick up.

The sound of silence is blissful and I once more have space to think, create and do.

Don't get me wrong, having the wee ones around is fab. But it most definitely is not an environment I can selfishly withdraw in to my study.
So I end up having two weeks of my brain going in to overload storing ideas, so that come schools return I can quickly roll out lots of new ideas.

I tend to become somewhat autistic when creating. I don't notice the weather, the time or my hunger levels.... I just sit and let creativity take over. So it's an activity best done alone so no-one feels neglected, left out or hungry....whilst I disappear into my own.

Yesterday I begun, with getting out the clay.

I felt like I was back in primary school, rolling coils and squashing balls. I had heaps of polymer clay bought ages ago just waiting for time to sit and play.

Lots of exploring shapes and color. I quite adore the look of hand sculpted beads with their organic form. No two can be the same.

I decided to work on simple designs for some jewellery, something you could wear with anything.

First I formed shapes, made impressions and baked.

Then I drilled, sanded and grouped.


Next was a bit of gluing and wire bending to create a sea of colorful of clay creations.


Such fun.

I'll be back on Wednesday to show you some felted rings I've been working on too.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely! I totally understand about school holiday madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely! I love the earrings with tiers of discs in the second last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pics Jay! it's great to see your works in progress.
    happy creating ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felted rings sound pretty special. Can't wait to see.

    Love all the gorgeous colours. Especially the bangles all piled up. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.
    Such vivid colours!
    I love the dangly earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ♥ these SO MUCH!!! The bangles are gorgeous!! I had actually been thinking about making polymer clay bangles myself to go with my pc button earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can`t wait to wear more Finki goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: