Tuesday, February 17, 2009

$10,000 in a week..........

This week hasn't been so much about me, for once.
Like many other fabulous dusters, I have been helping out with the Ozbushfireappeal. A shop that has been set up by the dust team to raise money for the bushfire appeal with all proceeds being donated to red cross.
Coordinated by Felicia fairy and vanilla pixie, the shop has exceeded all expectations, and at last count we were up to $10,000. That's so huge. People from all around the country, Australia and Overseas, have been donating items for sale. As well as purchasing.
7 of my parcels going out this week are to O.S destinations. So it's great to see that the Etsy community has pulled together as one, to support this cause.
The appeal will continue to run for a few weeks yet, so If you haven't dropped into the shop, head on over. Donations are still being accepted. Here's some of the goodies that I've nabbed so far. Gift tags from Percival road, smurf shorts and tote from JaEmart and girl/owl print by schmooks.
Truth be known, I've had products in my favourites from each of these sellers, so when they came up in the appeal shop, I was wrapped that I could get them and know that my money was going to such a great cause.
As a mum, who only works part time, I felt this was the perfect opportunity for me to contribute. I don't have a lot of spare cash. But I do have a lot of craft and jewellery that I've made, and if it can be making money for the appeal instead of sitting here dormant, Why wouldn't I contribute. Each $10 doesn't seem like much, but as you can see, it's all adding up.
This is the last item I have up for grabs in the oz bushfireappeal shop. A fabulous pen holder, adorned with vintage ladies of the sea. Thanks to everyone who has taken part so far. All your goodies are in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: