Saturday, July 18, 2009

Crunch time......

Now that the cheeky chickens were back at school it was time to focus on the dreaded task of doing my taxes. Blah!
Sadly neglected, my pile of paperwork had grown to mammoth proportions causing sleepless nights and lots and fine excuses for not having to do it. Like....the great debates on tonight, can't miss that.....Yeah so maybe they were tragic excuses.
Queen of procrastination 'tis I.
But I'm proud to say that I grit my teeth, threw all the excuses out the window and begun the dirty deed of wading through the see of receipts.
For a while there, my lounge room floor was nowhere to be seen. But there was light at the end of tunnel and slowly but surely I moved mountains.

This..........


Became this.........

The lesson to be learnt here of course is do your paperwork weekly, so it doesn't have the opportunity to become your worst nightmare.

Will I listen to my own advice. ....Something tells me you might just be reading a very similar post to this one in a years time.

I'm a creature of habit after all.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooh Noooooooo!
    I'm still at the procrastinating stage. I did get the ex to put my fold up trestle table in the study so that I can start piling and sorting... but I just haven't started yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather than feel there is a lesson to be learnt, how does this sound...

    I like how you only have one week of accounting torture, rather than one hour every week, leaving that hour free for much more fun stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: