Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How'd they do that!


How good are these lollies we were given at a wedding yesterday....

I was so glad to see that weddings have moved away from sugar coated almonds, as gifts for the guests to these fab little lollies with the name of the bride and groom on them.
How cool.

It hurt my brain a little to figure out how they make them.....cause you know I can't just appreciate them for what they are......I MUST KNOW HOW THEY ARE MADE!

I figure it's similar to how you might create those polymer clay beads with a pic on them. By building up the long sausage tube in levels of color, so that when you slice it the image appears, but letters... that's gotta be hard to do.

There's this cool old fashioned candy shop at QV in the city, with a window display of a village complete with knomes animals and mushrooms made out of candy. I may just have to sit outside the window and watch them work there magic.

Congratulaions Kasey & Eli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: