Thursday, June 4, 2009

Flight of fancy.....

Fancy this take on flight........I definitely do.
It's my latest purchase from the art world.
An original piece by Cathy .K of Victoria. Aka tinniegirl.

When choosing art, it is such an individual thing. Often what you see in a piece can be quite different to what the artist was thinking when he or she painted it. But what does matter, I think, is that you do find a little of yourself in the pieces you choose to surround yourself with.

So, as much as they are a representation of the artists style, they are also a representation of the time and place you were in, when it first appealed to you.

I remember reading graffiti on a wall I passed on my way to work one day that said 'never forget your childhood dreams'

Well I had.

But now, stepping out of my box and taking on new challenges day by day, I feel my dreams coming back, little by little.

For me, this piece represents such a sense of freedom. Depicting a child like innocence.
A great sense of depth and nostalgia have been captured, with the textured collage dress, and the hint of pattern, from the book cover backboard.

This picture.... is me.....a child holding my dreams with such innocence and trust, and letting it take flight.

4 comments:

  1. So beautifully put. I love this picture. And so true we must hold on to our dreams..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely words. I'm so glad you like it and that it holds such meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis beautiful, and so much better that you can let it represent freedom to take flight with your dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: