Monday, June 15, 2009

Young designers....

I braved the cold on Sunday to head down to the Melbourne designers market at fed square.

It was amazingly busy. I was really surprised to see so many shoppers packed into this little space. The goodies on offer were just glorious. Really top end designer stuff.

I'd heard the name of this market mentioned before and wondered whether or not my Finki stuff would fit in. To be honest, no it wouldn't. My stuff is too hand made, if there can be such a thing.
Too crafty.....Sort of like having crotchet rugs on a trestle table, beside sculptural modern art on plinths. Hmmm. That's the best I can describe it.
The stallholders had a definitive image and product range. everything was labelled and packaged so professionally, and business cards detailed personal websites and stockist. So it had a very professional feel about it.

I was in awe of the amazingly creative displays, some quite minimalist but all very inspiring. Lots of offerings of high end design pieces like these Zaishu stools, that I'd love to own one day.and these Imandeco chairs reminiscent of those curvy ones from the sixties.

I loved these little baskets from Design House Stockholm,and was glad to see the familiar faces of Sandra and Sharon, presenting a little snippet of the fabulous Pepperberryandco range.

Of course I couldn't go home empty handed.

I got a cute little badge saying 'support local talent' and a s.t.a.m.p.s watch.
I've admired these on a few people and couldn't refuse the special deal I got for two faces to switch around on the one band. I wore it to work today and just loved myself sick in it.

3 comments:

  1. I was hoping to drop in and have a look but the weekend was just too busy. Sounds like it was great, but possibly not what I was expecting either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those watch faces suit you to a T!! :-) Thanks for visiting :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: