Thursday, June 11, 2009

What a transformation.....

Just take one bland and boring shirt, one funky retro elephant transfer from tiges & weince, combine the two and you have the easiest, quickest and cutest transformation on your hands.

I had bought Finn a few plain shirts to hopefully do some screen printing on. But I know he'll grow out of them before I invest the time and money into firstly learning how to screen print and secondly buying all the supplies.

So I was tickled pink to find iron on transfers on tiges&weince blog whilst blogging along the other day.

Little ellie was at my door within 2 days, and ready to wear in 10 mins. After ironing him on, I did a zig zag stitch in green around the edges. I didn't have to, the ironing would be suffice, I just wanted to add a finishing touch. I really like this concept and look forward to visiting the gals at the Sisters Market this weekend so I can pick up some more.

Ye'all know I'll be there too, so come along for some fantastic craftiness.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how it can transform a plain t.shirt into one that is so cute. And good for you for taking some pressure off yourself. There's plenty of time to learn to screen print without the guilt of t.shirts sitting there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: